Monday, February 21, 2011

What a day off works looks like for the Bean Family.


Periodically, my husband feels the needs to acquire a project.  Generally, I dont mind.  It's good for his psyche to be elbow deep in a messy chaotic "man mess" and it gives he and Noa a chance to hang out.  Sometimes, though, I wonder if he knows what he's gotten himself into.  Case A: this boat. 

I came home from shopping yesterday to my husband telling me that he had bought a boat.  Now, he didnt spend much on this at all, so its definitely not the $ that bothers me, but I see something like this and I wonder a) how long it will be an eyesore in my driveway, b) how long is it going to take him to clean it up, and c) what is my share of the profits.  To his credit, he usually doubles his money put into it, and he is great about letting Noa be his little helper. 

So, on this beautiful sunny day, my husband is outside tinkering on this boat and chilling with the four year old.  Honestly, Im thankful that he's so capable, creative, and vested in spending time with our sons.  I am a blessed woman. 


  - I take out the camera to get some "before" pictures of the boat. 
Noa finds this to be a perfect opportunity to cheese it up and
pose for the camera.  He obviously gets that from me.

 Yep, that would be my sewing tape measure stolen
from the sewing room. 

It's official, spring is coming.  This does
my heart good.

 Here she is, Austin's newset find.  He calls the process of acquiring
these boats, "sailboat picking."  Noa is especially fond of
this activity, and they spend Saturday mornings driving around
back country roads looking in peoples yard for abandoned
sailboats.  This is what they found last week.

 Hard at work

I was shocked today when for a snack, Noa told me he wanted
celery with peanut butter.  Noa generally has an aversion to celery that
competes with an arachnophobic's aversion to spiders.  Come to
find out, he just wanted to lick the peanut butter out of the celery.  

 "Don't worry, mom.  I'm not going to chop up the flowers,
I'm just going to watch them to see if they come out."

Happy President's Day!


1 comment:

  1. I'm confused--is this a new boat or the same one you already had? If it's a new boat, what happened with the big one we saw before? Did he trade it with someone? If there were two boats in the yard I would understand the eyesore part. Heh. We miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete